Thursday, August 15, 2013

NCT: Day 5

We awoke at our stealth campsite to find our tents dry. This was a pleasant surprise. We charged some more at the abandoned store. I decided to search the campground for a hot shower, to no avail. I had taken my clothes to wash in the shower and ended up losing several pairs of socks. I backtracked and found a few pair and decided the others were not worth the trouble. I was not looking where I was going and I ran right into a downed tree branch. It was pretty terrible, but I was mostly unharmed.
We washed our clothes and selves in the the lake and headed out.

We hiked about ten miles planning to be near a local restaurant. Google Maps lied and the restaurant was actually 7 more miles out of the way. The bugs were bad so we decided to hike into the town of Trout Lake. After hiking a few miles we got tired and got a hitch after trying for around five minutes.
We were given a tour of the town by our impromptu trail angel Mark. We had some awesome food and Bell's Two Hearted Ale at the local saloon. The prices were great, especially when compared to my recent experiences in SoCal.


Krusty and I hiked a mile to the local town campground. We had hot showers and charged our electronics. I had enough service to download my map/gps app with NCT waypoints. It was a good night.





No comments:

Post a Comment