Tuesday, August 27, 2013

NCT: Day 10

We slept a good while. We broke camp around 10:30 am. I started hiking leaving Krusty behind to tackle a few last minute issues. I would later discover that Krusty got lost and hiked the wrong way. I didn't feel bad leaving him since he had the water filter.

This by far, was the most amazing section of trail of the trip, and possibly ever. The tread was fantastic, and very well maintained. I was able to really jam the miles out. I decided early on I was going to hike all the way to Munising. I kept getting slowed down taking pictures, and eating blueberries. A few times I stopped to try and wait for Krusty.

Around ten miles from Munising I caught my toes on a small stump. I was pretty sure I broke my toes. I love hiking in vibram five fingers, but they do present the real risk of breaking those little guys. I managed to not break any toes on the PCT.This time was different. I was in pain. After a few minutes I was able to pick up my pace again.

I made it to Munising around 9:30pm, having hiked 33ish miles. I later heard from Krusty, who also made it to Munising, having hiked 42ish miles. We had some beers and food at Sydney's. Again, there was not lodging available in Munising. A drunk man told us a great place to camp was this abandoned railroad grade near the paper mill. We took his horrible advice, and camped in a pretty shady spot. It all worked out though.














No comments:

Post a Comment